DS-500SA Dual-Miter Semi-Automatic Band Saw
Machine Capacity: w 19.5” x h 13" (495mm x 330mm
Round Tube: 14″ (356mm)
Production Level: Intermediate/Medium
Standard Features: Variable Vise Pressure Control, Work Light and Mist-Style Band Lubrication
The DoALL DS-500SA StructurALL® semi-automatic, dual-miter metal-cutting band saw is designed for cutting material both linear and at angles.
Also classified as a horizontal “scissor saw,” the DS-500SA is ideal for machine shops, metal service centers, repair facilities and industrial manufacturing plants that need to cut structural metal, tube and profile material. Miter angle cuts are possible up to 60° left and right, making the DS-500SA an invaluable addition to your team.
A Mitsubishi digital readout comes as standard and makes it easy to verify exact cutting angles and set operation parameters. The operator is also removed from the saw blade and moving parts during the cut -- providing additional safety and comfort.
A wide range of accessories are included with your new DS-500SA to get you cutting in no time:
- Dual swivel head to 60 left to 60 degrees right
- Semi- Automatic cycle
- Movable control console
- Rapid head down approach
- Carbide faced saw guide inserts
- Programmable material height sensor
- Full stroke hydraulic vise
- Driven band cleaning brushes
- Infinite band speed controlled by variable frequency drive
- Heavy duty counter balance springs
- Cast Steel band wheels
- Fine adjustment head feed control
- Spring loaded detent positioning
Machine Details & Specs:
- Operator Control Console - Control console can be positioned for operator comfort and safety insuring hands are away from blade at band start.
- Mitsubishi Touch Screen Panel - The touch screen control panel displays cutting cycle indicator, blade tension indicator, BRP (overfeed protection) function, band speed, head angle, band drive amp load and a list of error messages allowing operator to monitor machine functions.
- Saw Head Design - The robust head is mounted at a 2 degree slope which decreases tooth load at the end of the cut increasing band life.
- Direct Driven Band Drive - Drive is comprised of an electric VFD controlled motor transferring power through a gear reduction unit directly to the drive wheel eliminating belt slippage and gives positive torque to the blade.
- Semi-Automatic Cycle - Programmable cycle allows the operator the ability to control hydraulic on –off, saw head movement after the cut, head raise limit through programmable set point, band drive on–off, and vise clamp-unclamp after the cut maximizing productivity.
- Automatic Overload Feed Protection - BRP function monitors band drive motor amperage stopping head fall when operator set parameter is reached signaling overfeed or a dull saw band.
- Band Wheels - Cast steel wheels insure band tracking and long life.
- Hydraulic Clamping Vise - Full stroke, hydraulic vise can be positioned either side of band allowing maximum clamping close to the cut line eliminating material movement and tooth strippage.
- Manual Blade Tension - Illuminating indictor prevents possible error of over/under tightening the band for maximum cutting rates and band life.
- Band Brush - Driven band brush removes the chips from the blade gullets which would prevent the blade from attaining maximum cutting rates and blade life.
- Counter Balance Springs - Counter balance springs maintain constant head weight thru out the cut keeping the blade tooth load equal aiding in maximum blade life.
- Head Turn Table - Manual position of the saw head is accomplished by releasing the lock mechanism and rotating the head to the desired angle monitored on the digital display. Machine is equipped with a spring loaded detent for zero position allowing for decreased set up time.
- Warranty - One year parts only subject to the terms and conditions. 10 year manufacturer’s warranty available (Cut Above Lifetime Warranty).
- Width x Length – 1.25" x 188"
- Motor HP - 4 Hp
- Band Speed - 65-328 fpm
- Band Tension – Manual
- Motor Hp - .5 Hp
- Reservoir Size - 3 Gallons
- Motor Hp - .6 Hp
- Reservoir Size - 5 Gallon s
- Length per Stroke - N/A
- Maximum Index Strokes Length - N/A
- Remnant Length - N/A
Floor Space Dimensions:
- W x L X H - 114" x 43" x 56"
- Material Pass Height - 32"
- Machine Weight - 1,631 lbs.
- Voltage Requirement - 230V or 460 -6 0Hz-3ph, Wye configuration (Must Specify at Order Placement)
- Total Amp Draw (FLA)(460V - 7) (230V - 14)
- 6 ft (2000mm) Heavy-duty input conveyor for angle cutting with drip pan/gutter - 20.5" (520mm) roller width - 1142 lbs/ft or 1700kg/m capacity
- 6 ft (2000mm) Heavy-duty output conveyor for angle cutting with drip pan/gutter - 20.5" (520mm) roller width - 1142 lbs/ft or 1700kg/m capacity
- 6 ft (2000mm) Input or output conveyor with drip pan/gutter - 20.5" (520mm) roller width - 672 lbs/ft or 1000kg/m capacity
- Input or output conveyor - 24" roller width - 800 lbs./ft. capacity
- Input or output conveyor-24" roller width-800lbs./ft. capacity
- Additional conveyor roller
- Single fixed vertical guide roller - 20.5" (520mm) roller width - 7.9" (200mm) height
- Single adjustable vertical guide roller
- Hydraulic vertical clamp for nesting
- Laser line generator
- 5 ft. Tape work stop (Mounts on Conveyor)
- 10 ft. Tape work stop (Mounts on Conveyor)
- 5 ft. Digital work stop (Mounts on Conveyor)
- 10 ft. Digital work stop (Mounts on Conveyor)
- Wear parts service kit - contains wear plates, guides, band brushes
- Magnetic wand chip remover
- Additional USB stick of manuals
- A Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) is an independent third-part laboratory recognized by the United States Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to test and certify products to applicable product safety standards
- CSA Certification
- Four (4) hours installation and operator training - not including travel